This course is designed to provide attendees with information, tactics and options, which we believe may be useful for various types of crimes perpetrated against women.
Our instructors are FIU police officers who have been trained by the National Self-Defense Institute (http://www.nsdi.org).
The course consists of a classroom presentation and an introduction to physical self-defense.
There is no cost for the class. Only female FIU students, faculty and staff are allowed to participate.
Comfortable workout clothing is recommended.
The following are class dates for 2018:
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, November 8, 2018 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, January 31, 2019, (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 28, 2019 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, November 29, 2018, BBC (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, February 7, 2019, BBC (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
To register, complete the form below, indicating the desired date.