This course is designed to provide attendees with information, tactics and options, which we believe may be useful for various types of crimes perpetrated against women.
Our instructors are FIU police officers who have been trained by the National Self-Defense Institute.
The course consists of a classroom presentation and an introduction to physical self-defense.
There is no cost for the class. Only FIU students, faculty and staff, who identify as female, are allowed to participate.
Comfortable workout clothing is recommended.
Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC):
- Thursday, October 28, 2021 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.) CLASS FULL
- Monday, November 15, 2021 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.) CLASS FULL
- Thursday, December 2, 2021 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, February 10, 2022 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC):
- Thursday, November 18, 2021 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)